HOME    ●    Site Map    ●    Contact US 

Maine Public Employees Retirement System
P.O. Box 349, Augusta, ME 04332-0349
toll free: (800) 451-9800 ● local: (207) 512-3100

About Us
Group Life Insurance
Retired Members
This section provides tools and information to use during your retirement. Please contact us if we can assist in any way.
     Address and Information Changes*
     Advices of Deposit and Benefit Payment Dates
     After You Retire Brochure
     Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
     Health Insurance**
     1099 Information (also see 1099-R FAQs)
     Retiree Reminder Newsletter  (also see Past Issues)
     Returning to Work After Retirement

State of Maine Tax Withholding Update

If you are a current recipient of MainePERS benefits and you have State of Maine income taxes withheld from your check, you should see a difference in your withholding beginning with your October payment.  This is because MainePERS recently updated the tax withholding program in our benefits payroll system to round State of Maine income tax withholding to the nearest whole dollar. In addition, a minor adjustment was made in the withholding formula to more precisely phase out the standard deduction for those individuals for whom this applies.
The changes made are in accordance with the instructions provided by the Maine Revenue Service.
* If you regularly move between two (or more) addresses (e.g. a winter and summer address), we no longer require written address change forms each time you move between those addresses. Once you have sent us a signed form for each of your addresses, when you move between them, simply call or e-mail us with the effective date of the change. We will follow up to your request by sending confirmation letters to both addresses. If any of your established addresses change, you will need to submit a change form. For the address change form, click “Address and Information Changes” above.
**Although MainePERS does not administer health insurance, we have a list of contacts and phone numbers of health insurance administrators of programs under which members are covered.


2019 Benefit Payment

For health/dental insurance questions, please contact the administrator of your insurance program. To view a listing of those organizations, click here.
Are you a Maine retiree who recently changed residency to another state?

Do you have Maine State income tax withheld from your monthly pension payment?  

If you are no longer a Maine resident and would like to stop the state withholding deduction, complete sections 1-6 of Form W-4ME, (Maine Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate), sign and send it to us.  

Form W-4ME is available from the
forms section on our website or you may call us to have one mailed to you.

Home  |  Disability  |  FAQs  |  Group Life Insurance  |  Investments  |  Laws/Legislation  |  Links  |  Publications  |  Site Map  |  Location/Directions  |  Contact Us

Information contained on this Web site is neither a legal reference nor a complete statement of the laws or MainePERS administrative rules. In any conflict between this information and Maine laws or administrative rules, the laws and administrative rules shall prevail.

Copyright © Maine Public Employees Retirement System.  All Rights Reserved.